(1755-1842)
French Elisabeth Louise Vigee Lebrun Galleries Related Paintings of Elisabeth LouiseVigee Lebrun :. | Nettendragers | Portrait of Prince Iwan Bariatinski | Marie-Antoinette d'Autriche | Self Portrait-y | Marie Antoinette of Austria | Related Artists:
BRAMER, LeonaertDutch Baroque Era Painter, 1596-1674
Francis DayFrancis Day CIE (1829-1889) was Inspector-General of Fisheries in India(from circa 1871) and Burma and an ichthyologist.
He was born on the 2nd of March 1829 Maresfield, Sussex, UK third son of William and Ann Day. He became the medical officer in the Madras Presidency, East India Company services in 1852.
Francis Day was created a Companion of the Order of the Indian Empire in 1885. He was decorated with the 0rder of the crown of Italy. He retired in 1877.
He wrote a monograph on fishes between 1875-1878 "The Fishes of India" with a supplement in 1888 and two volumes on "Fishes" in the Fauna of British India series in which he described over 1400 species. Also wrote British and Irish Salmonadae, which he illustrated with 9 plates, the colouring of which was done by Miss Florence Woolward. Francis Day was granted an honary LLD by the University of Edinburgh.
Also Published Fishes of Malabar in 1865
Franics Day was an active member, and president of the Cheltenham Natural Sciences Society and presented papers to them. Also was an active member of the Cotswold Field Club, where he was vice president. He died at his residence, Kenilworth House, Cheltenham on the 10th of July 1889 of cancer of the stomach. Buried in Cheltenham cemetery.
Willem Eversdijckthe son of Cornelis Eversdijck, flourished at Goes about the year 1660. He was a portrait painter, and several of his portraits were engraved by Houbraken. A picture of Officers and Members of the Company of Archers, called " Edele Voetboog," at Goes, by him, is in the Rotterdam Museum.
Cornelis Willemsz Eversdijck, his father, was also a portrait painter of Goes, who died there in 1649. In the Rotterdam Museum are three pictures by him, representing Officers and Members of the Company of Archers, called "Edele Voetboog," at Goes; two of which are dated 1616 and 1624.